This release is mainly about improving the user experience:
- Line numbers are now shown in output from the
srccommand, making it much easier to manipulate breakpoints as you go along. No more switching to a text editor to get line numbers.
- When no source code is available, SDB will now show disassembly for any such stack frames, instead of showing nothing.
- You can now define command aliases to optimize your workflow.
- A default location can now be set for the debugger database, making the
dbcommand significantly less tedious to use.
- The debugger database can now be saved automatically on shutdown and loaded automatically on startup.
- The environment variable table (and thus
env listoutput) is now sorted.
However, this release also contains a fancy new feature: The
This is commonly known as ‘set next statement’ in IDEs. SDB supports it both
on a source line level, but also on an instruction level.